• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Back up not uninstalling "bloatware"

Hi Guys,

Ive just successfully rooted my x10i, Ive installed titanium backup - all ok.

But im attempting to unistall all the vodafone branded "crap" e.g: 360 shop, 360 web.

I tap uninstall on titanium backup, and it just hangs there! Ive let it carry on, But ive been waiting around 30mins now for 1 app to uninstall.... which is still saying "Un-installing: "web 1.0" - which is 360 web.

It hasn't frooze as there is a icon spinning to the left of the text.

Anybody know how i can fix this..

Many thanks in advance

I had the same problem. I downloaded an app called Super Manager, enabled ROOT Explorer in the settings and then deleted the apps directly from the folder /data/apps-private using the file explorer built into this app. It wasn't very elegant but it worked. Just be careful what you delete because the files names are a bit cryptic.
Thanks I just did this. I still see the apps in Titanium but not on the phone. Are they truly deleted or the icons just gone?

I deleted only the ones I could figure out, what do you recommend I can delete?

PS: I finally got SWM to work. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones