1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Titanium Backup and cleaning my SD?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MuGGzyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. MuGGzyX

MuGGzyX Member
    None

Nov 14, 2010
    Other than the \TitaniumBackup folder on the SD card, what folders HAVE to be there in order to restore the apps I actually USE.

I have a card full of random crap left behind by apps I tried out and then uninstaled and I want to clean it up and free up some space.

Advertisement

2. beboyle

beboyle Newbie
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    First thing I'd do is just copy the whole thing to your PC as a backup. Then if you do delete something you find out you wanted, you can get it back.

Obviously you should leave the DCIM (camera) and any media folders that aren't empty (media, Music, Movies, etc.), as well as any folders that match the names of applications you want to keep.

You should also leave the \data directory, although you could carefully poke around and delete subdirectories in that which match applications you've deleted.

Your phone can run just fine without the SD card at all, so you don't have to worry about possibly bricking it, just possibly screwing up some applications. As long as you have a backup, even if you do that shouldn't be permanent.

3. MuGGzyX

MuGGzyX Member
    None

Nov 14, 2010
    Thanks, I guess that is what I was wondering, are the backup files TB makes ALONE enough to restore any apps I want to use. So if I remove the \Data folder, and restore an app via TB, would it put the \data\**** folder associated with that app back too?

4. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert
    None

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    No.

I'm pretty sure TB doesn't back up appdata that's left on the SD card.