1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Titanium backup and system data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yeahha, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    I have seen where many people are having issues after restoring system data using titanium. Please do not restore system data with titanium. This is not just a pet peeve of mine but you can go over to the titanium backup wiki and the FAQ states
    Generally when the dev of the program you are using says if you do this and is screws up I am not going to help you, you should avoid doing that. If you are going to act tech savvy enough to flash custom roms then you should be willing to set up your custom settings, otherwise you are already in too deep.

If you want to restore things like your messages then try to follow the dev's instructions

Advertisement

2. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    My advice is to ONLY use Titanium using batch backup and restore, and to ONLY back up apps and app data.

There is a much better way to truly archive--nandroid. Migrating system settings is a losing proposition anyway. The whole point of flashing a new ROM is to make system changes.

For stuff like SMS, use a good SMS app that allows you to back them up offline. And if you really need call logs, you probably should not be %"$&#ing with your phone so much, lol, or at least buy a "play" phone and leave your "work" phone alone.

Ibrick and scotty85 like this.