1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Titanium Backup CONTINUALLY Losing Market Links after 2.3 Flash??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scudder, Jun 12, 2011.

1. scudder

scudder Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2010
    Male
    Ex-attorney ("retired" at 27)...
    State of Confusion (FL too)
    Hi all...

I previously had problems with Market Links being lost in my Titanium Backup and were not being restored with the Market Doctor option (see http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-market-links-not-restored-market-doctor.html ). I was able to fix that problem (for the moment!) following the Titanium troubleshooting wiki help (see TB - Troubleshooting : Titanium Backup - Wiki ) by wiping the data from the Market app through Titanium then relaunching and permitting the Market to reestablish the links.

But now I'm having a different problem...

Now, I CONTINUALLY lose my links! I went through the above process to reestablish the links only to lose them again after normal use of my phone! Links are reestablished...I can long-press on the app name in the Titanium will prove that by showing "Detach from Market" option (can't be DETACHED if not ATTACHED right??). Also launch Market Doctor and there are NO links to fix and reattach. Then, for some/no reason, after just normal use of the phone, the links are lost. Run Market Doctor and it shows that ALL link that need to be reestablished, "Detach from Market" is no longer an option with a long-press on the app name in Titanium (only shows "Attach to Market (forced)" which suggest that it ain't attached to the Market anymore!)

Anyone else having this problem since flashing 2.3?? I even tried uninstalling Titanium and my Pro key and that didnt' work...again, only temporarily reestablishes market links and then loses them again. I haven't contacted the dev...just throwing up (NOT literally...almost!) the question here first...

THANKS!

Advertisement

2. scudder

scudder Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2010
    Male
    Here I go again...answering my own posts!! :D

Not sure why but it appears that the latest update of Titanium 3.8.6 fixes the market issue. The update notes mention something about supporting "Market links in the new WAL database format" and specifically mention that the fix "...works on the EVO." So now sure what was done or why but appears to have fixed the problem in my OP!

...and I really wish it was possible to thank myself sometimes! :D

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    well ill give you a thanx for answering your own question and posting it here.

scudder likes this.
  4. scudder

scudder Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2010
    Male
    ...and back atcha!! ;)

Tags: