• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Titanium Backup - Freeze App problem

redger725

Sep 25, 2010
So I finally decided to root my AT&T Captivate just so I could use Titanium Backup to freeze the AT&T bloatware. To use the freeze option I had to purchase Titanium Backup.

Rooting the phone was extremely easy, but when I select an app to freeze in Titanium Backup, a message pops up saying that it is "Freezing" the app, but it stays there forever and I can't do anything else in Titanium Backup. So I use the Android Application manager to kill Titanium Backup. When I bring it back up, the App that I selected to freeze is actually frozen like it is supposed to be. I then select another App to freeze and the same thing happens again, and I have to kill Titanium Backup in order to freeze the next App.

Has anyone else had this problem? Other than rooting my phone I am running stock.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones