1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Titanium Backup - Freeze App problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redger725, Feb 4, 2011.

1. redger725

redger725 Newbie

So I finally decided to root my AT&T Captivate just so I could use Titanium Backup to freeze the AT&T bloatware. To use the freeze option I had to purchase Titanium Backup.

Rooting the phone was extremely easy, but when I select an app to freeze in Titanium Backup, a message pops up saying that it is "Freezing" the app, but it stays there forever and I can't do anything else in Titanium Backup. So I use the Android Application manager to kill Titanium Backup. When I bring it back up, the App that I selected to freeze is actually frozen like it is supposed to be. I then select another App to freeze and the same thing happens again, and I have to kill Titanium Backup in order to freeze the next App.

Has anyone else had this problem? Other than rooting my phone I am running stock.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jack45

Jack45 Android Expert

This should help:

Open Titanium, then Preferences. Scroll down to App processing mode, and check the second radio button "AUTO, Indirect"

3. redger725

redger725 Newbie

That worked!!! Thanks.

4. sremick

sremick Android Expert

By the way, this answer was already in the Captivate FAQ. ;)

Backup - CapFAQ

Always a good place to check first. Cheers...

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews