• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Titanium Backup...how do I backup my settings?

Under "Batch" look for backup apps and data. However I don't recommend saving system data as it can cause looping FC's with certain apps when you're restoring. There's a few apps you could save settings for such as IM and email apps, thankfully there's an option to install app or install app+data when you go to restore it.

Reactions: wayrad
Upvote 0
However I don't recommend saving system data as it can cause looping FC's with certain apps when you're restoring.
Thanks, I noticed the rather cursory instructions on the TB web page said to back up system data only in certain cases, but lots of people in the user forum talked about doing complete backups, and I couldn't find any rationale given for either method. Makes more sense now; I guess I'll go delete most of my system data backups.

Upvote 0
New to android and Titanium backup, I just ned to know what are the steps taken to nsckup my phone. Can anyone help?

Don't forget ROM Manager for doing complete system backups. It makes an image, as it were, of the entire state of the phone when you use Backup Current ROM. Very good to have if you get into flashing ROM's and update files.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I noticed the rather cursory instructions on the TB web page said to back up system data only in certain cases, but lots of people in the user forum talked about doing complete backups, and I couldn't find any rationale given for either method. Makes more sense now; I guess I'll go delete most of my system data backups.
You don't have to, when you go through your list of apps (crossed out) and click on the one you want to install it gives you an option to install just the app or the app with data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones