• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Backup issue

railrat

May 7, 2011
CA
I rooted, and rid my Huawei Ascend M860 of bloatware. I kept all google apps. I did download the Titanium Back up beforet he root, and it did assist me.

I did not freeze anything, but backed up all apps and files and then I deleted the rest of the bloatware.

My phone is working better, but I get this message when I open Titanium Back Up:

Error:

Sorry I could not acquire root privelidges. This application will *not* work. Please verify your Rom is rooted and includes busy box and try again.

So I tried to down busybox, but this phone is lees than 1 week old. Not sure where to go from here.

I am wanting to flash to a new ROM sometime, in no hurry.
All I did so far was root, and remove bloatware, and try out some new apps.
...TIA!! Also I have not paid for any apps yet... :D

I rooted, and rid my Huawei Ascend M860 of bloatware. I kept all google apps. I did download the Titanium Back up beforet he root, and it did assist me.

I did not freeze anything, but backed up all apps and files and then I deleted the rest of the bloatware.

My phone is working better, but I get this message when I open Titanium Back Up:

Error:

Sorry I could not acquire root privelidges. This application will *not* work. Please verify your Rom is rooted and includes busy box and try again.

So I tried to down busybox, but this phone is lees than 1 week old. Not sure where to go from here.

I am wanting to flash to a new ROM sometime, in no hurry.
All I did so far was root, and remove bloatware, and try out some new apps.
...TIA!! Also I have not paid for any apps yet... :D

did you hit the problems button and download the lastest busybox? Also you can uninstall and reinstall titu, and your backups will still be there cause they are in a folder on your sdcard.

Upvote 0
did you hit the problems button and download the lastest busybox? Also you can uninstall and reinstall titu, and your backups will still be there cause they are in a folder on your sdcard.

I did try it download busybox. I will take your advice and uninstall TTBU and reinstall it. This is the free version, should I upgrade to a paid version?

Also, I uninstalled a bunch of bloatware, and the icons are gone, but, they are still in the applications section. Any way to get rid of them? I like my phone to be neat. LOL!

TIA!!:eek:

Upvote 0
I did try it download busybox. I will take your advice and uninstall TTBU and reinstall it. This is the free version, should I upgrade to a paid version?

Also, I uninstalled a bunch of bloatware, and the icons are gone, but, they are still in the applications section. Any way to get rid of them? I like my phone to be neat. LOL!

TIA!!:eek:

did you click wipe data before you uninstall, alsoa good reboot should remove them, if not go to setting, and manage apps and see if they are in there...

also check pm please!!!!

Upvote 0
did you click wipe data before you uninstall, alsoa good reboot should remove them, if not go to setting, and manage apps and see if they are in there...

also check pm please!!!!

I just did a hard reset. I am now without a keyboard, as I had deleted the stock one and installed one from the market.

I cannot go to the market because
I am being asked to sign into google gmail, which I have, but my keyboard is gone.

Should I try to fix this from my desktop pc? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I just did a hard reset. I am now without a keyboard, as I had deleted the stock one and installed one from the market.

I cannot go to the market because
I am being asked to sign into google gmail, which I have, but my keyboard is gone.

Should I try to fix this from my desktop pc? :thinking:

bookmark this: https://market.android.com/

Upvote 0
Hi guys!

So I rooted my phone a week ago now and it has been working lets say...average.

I am facing certain problems such as:

1. Force closes A LOT. When using apps like, weather channel and others takes for ever to give the information or simply closes the app.
Freezes a lot, especially when txt messaging.

3. Sometimes when touching the screen it doesn't go bright right the way, instead stays dark but not too dark (so you could still see the background) but does nothing.

4. Today I try to sign in my messenger (through MSN Talk) and this message appear: "Sign in Failed: Failed to synchronize your contacts list for MSN Talk's technical reasons" It's weird cuz I used msn before right after I rooted...and was working.

4. Sometimes when trying to answer the phone it wont let me unlock it...

In general is working slow and the battery doesn't last that much...like 7 hrs...I have it setcpu at 600 max 350 min... I am not sure what to do to improve this phone...

Any advice. (metropcs user) I would really appreciate it!!

thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones