• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Backup on Cyanogenmod

MattDawgyDog

Aug 26, 2011
What's happening! Having a slight issue here with my data files on titanium backup after flashing to cyanogenmod7.. This is my first time flashing an aosp rom - did I miss something regarding backing up and restoring my SMS/Saved Voicemails? My call history had no problem restoring data but after restoring data for "[Voicemail] Dialer 2.3.4" as well as "[SMS/MMS Prefs] Messaging 2.3.4" and then trying both rebooting and powering off/on the voicemail and messages refuse to repopulate..? The only thing I can figure is that somehow that data was tied to Sense? Just wanted to ask if there might be an easy fix before I have to go back to a Sense rom, save SMS/VM through a different backup program and then reflash cyanogen. SMS/VM saved and restored with no problem when going from stock to mikG but they were both flavors of Sense. Did not want to restore App+Data because I had issues with that in the past, could that be the easy answer? Any options? Thanks for the input in advance.

What's happening! Having a slight issue here with my data files on titanium backup after flashing to cyanogenmod7.. This is my first time flashing an aosp rom - did I miss something regarding backing up and restoring my SMS/Saved Voicemails? My call history had no problem restoring data but after restoring data for "[Voicemail] Dialer 2.3.4" as well as "[SMS/MMS Prefs] Messaging 2.3.4" and then trying both rebooting and powering off/on the voicemail and messages refuse to repopulate..? The only thing I can figure is that somehow that data was tied to Sense? Just wanted to ask if there might be an easy fix before I have to go back to a Sense rom, save SMS/VM through a different backup program and then reflash cyanogen. SMS/VM saved and restored with no problem when going from stock to mikG but they were both flavors of Sense. Did not want to restore App+Data because I had issues with that in the past, could that be the easy answer? Any options? Thanks for the input in advance.

I only use titanium backup for apps i downloaded off the market and thats it...for SMS messages i use SMS Backup Pro....which you can download off the market and you can restore through titanium backup...

did you flash the gapps zip file?? so you can use all the google apps, and your VVM??? i know when i first flash the gapps, my saved voicemails wont come through...so i go into voicemail, and hit the menu...compose a message and sent it to myself....once it comes through all of my other voicemails come through too...

Upvote 0
I'll give that a whirl! Thanks for the help. Yes, I flashed g.apps right after CM7 and everything is running like candy. Just can't figure this aspect out. Not a huge deal, I can always flash my nandroid, recover messages/VM into the backup program you suggested and then reflash CM7. I just didn't have that problem when I went from stock to mikG and from mikG to mik3d with recovering this data via titanium. So I assumed maybe it had something to do with ditching Sense all together..? Just messing around with CM7 until a more stable version of that fancy BLISS is available!

Upvote 0
No dice - I guess I'll keep messing around with it and see if I can figure anything out. I had some G.apps backed up on Titanium and installed them after flashing G.apps but I didn't encounter any problems there. Could the data in VM and SMS be stuck in htc files that aren't supported on cyanogen? I used stock SMS apps in both previous roms.

Upvote 0
No dice - I guess I'll keep messing around with it and see if I can figure anything out. I had some G.apps backed up on Titanium and installed them after flashing G.apps but I didn't encounter any problems there. Could the data in VM and SMS be stuck in htc files that aren't supported on cyanogen? I used stock SMS apps in both previous roms.

did you try calling your phone number and see if the saved voicemails are there? and they just arent coming through vvm...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones