1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MusicJunkie, Dec 22, 2011.

1. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Android Expert

Which one is the better app at completely backing up the app + data AND restoring the app + data without problems? I know they are both have a free and paid version of the app in the market.

2. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

Ive only used Titanium paid app and never had a problem with it,

dustwun77, andygu3 and MusicJunkie like this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I've never used My Backup Pro, nor have I had any need to as Titanium does all I need it to. It's easily the best app I have on my phone.

It doesn't just restore apps, you can do all sorts of cool things with the paid version, freeze apps, break the apps market link so they won't update (handy when updates cause issues), roll back to previous versions of apps and interrogate nandroid backups if you forgot to run the backup feature before flashing a new ROM. Well worth the

andygu3, MizzouBrent and MusicJunkie like this.
  4. MusicJunkie

5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

There are a few apps out there worth just breaking down and paying for and Titanium Backup is such an app. I could not imagine Phone Life with out it.

SetCpu
    RootExplorer

are others i consider worth the "Price"

mikem0269, andygu3 and MusicJunkie like this.
  6. MusicJunkie

I really don't do any in-phone changes to files so I don't need RootExplorer and I usually only use SetCPU when I'm using an ASOP rom. Currently on sense based atm

7. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

mikem0269, andygu3 and smitty543 like this.
  8. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I've only used TB so I don't have an opinion on My Backup but TB is the one app a rooted phone must have, imo;) Plus, the developer, Joel, is top notch:D He always responds to my emails if I run into any issue. I have the older version of TB Pro with the txt. file on my sdcard from my hero days:)

dustwun77 and El Presidente like this.
  9. El Presidente

VIP Member

To reiterate what Andy says, the dev is top notch. Responds to feedback and is very prompt at fixing issues/giving updates when needed.

Whilst I remember, another cool feature of TB is that you can create a zip file which is flashable in recovery so that TB is there as soon as you boot up your new ROM for the first time.

10. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

See, you learn new things about this awesome app everyday, thanks:D

11. MusicJunkie

I need to know how to do this, lol

12. MusicJunkie

Ever since I tried the SensationXL 3.5 rom I'm not able to 'completely' mount my SD card in disk mode while the phone is running. To better explain, it will work for about 10 seconds, then I'll go to a folder and it will move extremely slow then an error will pop up and then it stops working.

I know about putting the phone into recovery and using the usb mode that way but I kind of want my phone on when I want to transfer files to and from my phone to computer. Any suggestions?

13. El Presidente

VIP Member

Open TB, hit Menu -> More -> Create Update.zip -> Change the name to Titanium xxx.zip then press create. :)

MizzouBrent, andygu3 and MusicJunkie like this.
  14. MusicJunkie

You're awesome! :)

El Presidente likes this.
  15. MusicJunkie

Quick question, should I install it as a User app or System app? O_O

16. El Presidente

VIP Member

Shouldn't matter either way. I have it installed as a user app though.

MusicJunkie likes this.
  17. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

User app would make it uninstallable. System app would not be.

MusicJunkie likes this.
  18. MusicJunkie

Can it be uninstalled by the Terminal Editor though? I installed it as a system app and I most likely won't need to uninstall it

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews