1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Titanium Backup Pro Key

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UniqueProblem, Sep 15, 2011.

1. UniqueProblem

UniqueProblem Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    I am trying to download the app but on the PC it says "This app is incompatible with your Samsung GT-I9100." Then when I log in with my S2 via Market it doesn't even show up. So I do a internet search and click on the link. "This video is not available in your country". I thought the market is an open market basically and you can pick and download, I live in Cyprus does this mean I can't get the app at all? Didn't realize apps on the market are also released to certain countries.

Who should I contact to get it? I finally rooted my phone so I can play around with it but the main reason was to freeze apps.

Advertisement

2. Swizz

Swizz Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Google has established the ability for Cyprus to purchase paid apps (Paid App Availability - Android Market Help). However, developers are able to select which countries can, and cannot, purchase or download their app. I would contact the developer directly to see if they have blocked access to purchase their app in your country.

Also, developers can restrict which devices are able to use their app. When you contact them, give them both country and device to see if anything has been blocked.

justabrake and UniqueProblem like this.
  3. UniqueProblem

UniqueProblem Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    Thanks Swizz pointing me into the right direction. Found out that although Cyprus is on the list I live in North Cyprus (political divide for 40 years) so our internet pipelines and mobile carriers are transmitted from Turkey (which is the only country to recognize North Cyprus). Unfortunately Turkey is not on the list of paid applications available on the Android Market. This is just what I needed to read. I must be an isolated scenario here with my galaxy s2. :(

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    I suggest contacting the developer(s), titanium.android via gmail.com for advice. I think there's still a "donate" version available provided you have a PayPal account. That's what I use and it has the full Pro functionality.