1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Titanium Backup Pro Restoring Single App... Hangs?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sueasidle, Sep 3, 2011.

1. sueasidle

sueasidle Newbie

Recently rooted my USCC HTC Desire. Used Titanium Backup Pro to backup everything on my phone. Began experimenting, froze several apps. Let well enough alone for a week or two, today experimenting again.. Facebook, Adobe Reader & Htc Flashlight.. tried using the 'Convert to User App' (thinking afterwards I could proceed to move to sd), but what happened is that they became listed under 'uninstalled'! So I go into each app within the list in Titanium Backup, to "restore" and TiBu seems to simply hang, and nothing is accomplished - is there an issue with TiBu or did I do something incorrectly? "App Processing Mode" was on 'Auto, Direct' but after reading elsewhere I did change it to 'Auto Indirect' - both net the same results - TiBu hangs. Input is appreciated, thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Are you S-On or S-Off? I don't think changing system apps will work if S-On.

3. DNick

DNick Android Enthusiast

He'd have to S-Off. he's CDMA.

4. sueasidle

sueasidle Newbie

Thanks for your replies, I rooted via Revolutionary so it's s-off. It's no matter with those three apps as I have reinstalled via Market, but I can 'see' the backup files in the titanium backup directory, so was not expecting the hangs and failure to restore. But I want to know what happened so I don't have it happen again. Is it TiBu, me, or the phone?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews