• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium backup problem

BigC_13

Feb 1, 2010
Hey guys I just installed Villain ROM 6.0 on my hero and i'm trying to restore my apps but for some reason titanium backup isnt working for me, i did a backup before wiping/flashing the new rom, moved the file onto my computer, moved it back after re installing titanium and now when i go to batch and select any of the restore options it does nothing, just goes to the backup/restore tab with a blank black screen below the tab.... help? tried re installing and moving the backup over again already.

and its not my first time using titanium it worked fine for me last time

When in the batch screen, do you actually see a number of apps next to the options? Could you possibly have a filter applied to the apps list?

i dont see a number of apps, and if i go to filters i have it set to "All" and "All".

What i'm thinking of doing now is a nandroid backup back to the old version and downloading my backup pro to try that instead of titanium, would that work?

Upvote 0
i dont see a number of apps, and if i go to filters i have it set to "All" and "All".

What i'm thinking of doing now is a nandroid backup back to the old version and downloading my backup pro to try that instead of titanium, would that work?

Or just Nandroid back and redo the Titanium backup. Titanium has always been rock solid for me. Are you sure you put the directory back in the same place on the SD exactly as it was?

Upvote 0
Or just Nandroid back and redo the Titanium backup. Titanium has always been rock solid for me. Are you sure you put the directory back in the same place on the SD exactly as it was?

i put it back how it was before in the titanium backup folder on the root of the sd card. anyhow i did a nandroid backup and titanium restore worked for me on the old version on villian rom, so now im going back to 6.0 to try again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones