• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Backup question - Email account restore isn't working...

Redflea

Android Expert
Oct 6, 2009
What do I need to restore to put my Email account (exchange account) back on my phone via TiBu?

Always just re-entered my account info, but wanted to try restoring it the last time I wiped, and could not get it to work.

I restored "Accounts" and "Account and Sync Settings 2.2" and all my Gmail accounts are present, but when I launch the Email app or look at Settings>Accounts my Exchange Email account has not been restored. (I also restored Email 2.2 (only option was Data restore).

This was going from one CM nightly to another, so I'm restoring data from two ROMs that are virtually the same.

Any advice appreciated - I can add the Exchange Email account back manually, but wondered why I can't restore it. What am I missing?

Thanks!

When I moved from Kangerade to CM 6.0 RC1, I wiped data and cache as usual. However, once I had CM up and running, I restored "all app data and system data" using TiBu. Not only did I not have any problems, but my exchange email was up and working with no effort on my part.

I don't know about the wisdom of restoring all data like that; but for me it worked. Did you try restoring data just for the email app?

Upvote 0
THanks...I was trying to avoid a mass restore, as I had been having some issues and wiped data to clean things up.

I wonder why the email data isn't restored via Accounts, Accounts and Sync Data, or the email app data itself. Weird.

Well, good to know the restore all works. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones