1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Titanium Backup Root question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yeh Im Legit, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Yeh Im Legit

Yeh Im Legit Member

What steps do I need to take to backup my phone as it is now instead of adding to my old back ups...

Next time i recover i want it to just restore to where I am right now because everything that is backed up isn't the same as I have now... settings, data, and apps...

I always just use batch back up all then when I restore I restore all... Not quite sure if thats the way most use it but it seems to work well... Just wanna get rid of old stuff so the restore is a little more smooth

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

best way to do it is to either use your computer or a file manager like es file manager or root explorer. find the titanium backup folder on your card and delete any apps you see that you do not want. now you can go into tb and do a batch restore and you will get only the apps that you did not delete.

Yeh Im Legit likes this.
  3. Yeh Im Legit

Yeh Im Legit Member

Would it be a bad idea to delete the whole folder and yhen run a full backup?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you can do that as well, if you want.

5. Yeh Im Legit

Yeh Im Legit Member

So i may have effed myself a bit by taking my own suggestion here....

Switched to mikg2.5 and ran the restrore and don't have my contacts or messages... The backup is there and it pretends to restore but they don't

6. mthill2

mthill2 Well-Known Member

Your contacts should restore with a google sync. As far as messages go im not sure!

7. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

sms backup & restore is what i use for messeges....you can get it off the android market...

dustwun77 likes this.
  8. Yeh Im Legit

Yeh Im Legit Member

Yeah contacts came back after a restart... Messages... No luck... Not a big deal though... thanks

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews