1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Titanium Backup??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darksandz93, Sep 23, 2010.

1. darksandz93

darksandz93 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Southern California
    Hey guys i flashed the new bionix rom and i have all my apps and settings backed up with titanium backup but when i did it asked me one by one whether or not i wanted to install this program, that program, this program.....anyone know how to get around this? and my market downloads have been wiped so i have to manually look to see if theres been an update or not....am i doing something wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, i realized what the problem is.....you need the donate version....makes sense. doh!

Advertisement

2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Glad you found the answer. Titanium Backup is most certainly an app worth spending a few bucks on. I take it you have ROM Manager as well? I guess you do if you've flashed Bionix. Liking it so far? I love it! :) I saw in sombionix's thread that he might have 1.4 out by the weekend.

3. darksandz93

Aug 11, 2010
    Southern California
    yea i'll definitely purchase it and yup Rom manager rocks. Bionix is really awesome, i love it! hell i even turn off my phone a good amount of times during the day just to see that shut down boot animation, awesome!

4. w_bovine

Jul 19, 2010
    Which version are you using? Right now I'm on 1.3 w/KingKlick's kernel and the lag fix. Fast for sure, but battery life seems to be suffering. Dunno if I'm gonna keep it overclocked. And the boot/shutdown and sounds are quite amusing!

5. darksandz93

Aug 11, 2010
    Southern California
    I'm on 1.2 right now Ive been meaning to flash 1.3 sometime soon and yea thats the only reason why i don't wanna overclock it, my battery drains fast enough as it is

6. w_bovine

Jul 19, 2010
    Yeah...some people have said that battery life is just fine with the OC, but I'm not seeing it. I've been using about 7% battery/hour whereas before it was just under 4%/hour on a good day. That and a couple of battery pulls for reasons yet unknown. :(

7. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Reno, NV
    I have been running 1.2 with the OC kernel for about a week and I have noticed battery drain... keep in mind though if you have set cpu you can underclock it for when your not using anything cpu/gpu intensive.

8. w_bovine

Jul 19, 2010
    I did get SetCPU and set a profile to max out at 600MHz when the screen was off. What bothers me more are the 2 times I've had to do a batt pull because it wouldn't wake up when I hit the power button. I'm very new to SetCPU...do you have any suggestions or things I need to know?

9. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Reno, NV
    im actually fairly new to it myself... I had never OCed a phone until this one... funny thing is that this one doesn't really need it lol. but I have never had an issue with not having the phone wake up.

w_bovine likes this.
  10. w_bovine

Jul 19, 2010
    Okay...and I've wondered about the overclock...maybe I'll do away with it when 1.4 comes out. Thanks.