1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Titanium Backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BenDroid, Sep 27, 2011.

1. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    I have probably ROM'd my OG about 1000 times, but never really had a use for using TiBu for anything since I really didn't care about the apps and stuff like that since I really didn't have a need for holding on to apps that could be re-installed so easily. But, I am wanting to start ROMing my Bionic, but as crazy as it sounds, do not want to lose simple things like my scores/save files on some games that I play.

What is the process to backup certain apps with data that way I can restore them with different ROMs? Is there going to be a problem with restoring the same apps and data to different types of ROMs? I remember reading some stuff about people making data backups in MIUI ROMs and then going to a standard 2.3 ROM and having major issues with their devices.

If anyone can give me a quick how to or a link to one, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Ben

Advertisement

2. hunterwrot

hunterwrot Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    Grassy Gator Lawn Care
    St. Augustine, FL
    First. Look at App manager pro. Its just like tibu but has more features.
    If you back up via tibu or app manager you can Batch back up all user apps. Then Batch restore all user apps. Make sure not to restore system apps or you may get force close issues. If you only want to only back up the apps you need you can either batch and then unselect anything that you do not want to back up, or you can click the app and back up individually.

3. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    Okay, thanks for the info. So by selecting user apps, does that backup/restore the save files as well?