• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have the exact setup you are speaking of and it's so damn sexy. I can't give you feedback on the original cover because since I purchased the phone and flip cover at the same time, they just put the flip cover on for me. But I can tell you that the back cover I have on now shows next to nothing (granted, I baby this thing). You're going to be very happy.

Upvote 0
The original and flip cover back plates seem of identical construction and materials to me. The Flip Cover back is a little thicker but the color and texture of the surface area seems exactly the same as the original cover. To me neither is especially bad at attracting fingerprints nor terrific at resisting them.

You didn't ask but I will add that I was never secure with the amount of protection the Flip Cover offered. The phone didn't make me feel very safe when holding it, it seemed like a coiled spring ready to eject itself from my grip at moments' notice. The cover was good at protecting the screen when it's in your pocket but that's about it. I found it clumsy and awkward to use and offered virtually zero additional impact protection.

It was not until I installed a standard clear screen protector and Otterbox Commuter case that I became comfortable using my phone in a typical fashion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones