• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root titanium pro question

You do not need a custom ROM for Titanium Backup, free or Pro. As long as you are rooted, you can use it.

When you purchase Titanium Pro, you have to follow the instructions in the email you get following the purchase (it will go to your PayPal email) and it will give you an authorization code. The email will explain what to do with this - I don't remember it myself. But anyway, once you do whatever you do with the authorization code, you unlock the "Pro" features. It won't be a separate app, just open it as you usually would the free version and you can access the additional functions.

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me if I purchase an app via the Android Market, e.g., Titanium Backup Pro, and then I flash to a different ROM (effectively wiping all data from my EVO), can I return to the Market and re-install said app for free?

I'm coming to Android from an old Windows Mobile phone and so while Android isn't a total shock to me -- I'm not an iPhone user, after all -- I'm trying to learn some best practices with regards to Android. For example, can/should apps be installed to an SD card?

Upvote 0
When you flash a new ROM, Titanium Backup Pro should be the ONLY app that you need to download and reinstall. Your gmail account will save the record of your purchase and you will be able to download/install Titanium Backup Pro again without having to pay (it will already say "purchased"). Run a batch restore and all of your other apps will be restored.

Reactions: Matthew Nelson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones