• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium problem

GrenW

Android Expert
Apr 16, 2010
Posting here as you're usually a helpful lot.

Having problems with Ti backup. I think I messed up the backup location and now I can't put it back to the proper directory it just defaults to the phones root, when I try to change it the app just times out and I have to fc it. When I try a batch backup it seems to work but a batch verify results in a fc. I also can't see any created files.

Luckily I still have my backup pro which seems to work fine but is so much slower.

Dunno if its connected but I was bored on Friday and s-offed my phone. All worked fine though and everything else works perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Tried all that - uninstalled after deleting app/data/cache. Then reinstalled from market.

Hmmm not tried deleting the system one that comes with LeeDroid though as the app had already been updated from the market. Will try that now.

Edit : no sign of the Rom version. Maybe the uninstall deleted both?

Upvote 0
Solved through a reinstall. Had to find and manually delete a settings file in the data directory on the card. This returned the backup directory to default when reinstalled. I also uninstalled the pro key and deleted the Ti directory for good measure.

Still was never able to change the directory from within the app even with help from their support team.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones