• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Restore Function has Stopped Working / Hangs

STOP THE PRESSES!!

:D:D

Before I attempted the wipes and reflash of the ROM I decided for the hell of it to boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. I wiped, rebooted the phone, launched the Market and WAS ABLE to install Titanium!!

So, I'm back in business...maybe...

Thought it would be worth a shot to see if I could go forward without reflashing and that my issues might have passed. I was wondering what, if anything, you might suggest before I attempt to once again restore my apps from Titanium?? I have already done that su / a2sd reinstall command...twice...anything else?? Do a rain dance perhaps?? ;):D

Did you figure anything out regarding this restore issue?

Upvote 0
Did you figure anything out regarding this restore issue?

Me??...figure something out?? That's what YOU guys are for!! :D:D Actually, I sometimes figure stuff out after-the-fact and answer some of my own questions:eek:

But this time, I don't know why it worked. I tried a couple wipes of cache and dalvik in the course of trying reinstall my Titanium. Tried a wipe of the cache and dalvik one last time and that worked!! Why/how/for what, I don't know!

But, sadly, I'm having OTHER issues since this triumph. I keep having my CPU pegged at 100% caused by the android.process.acore associated with my Launcher Pro and I'm having an issue with my camera app which, as I test it and try things, appears to be HARDWARE related because I can't touch the screen to set it to auto-focus where I touch, I cannot release the shutter and I cannot zoom...all seems like physical attributes of the camera hardware rather than a camera app/software issue :thinking::thinking:

So, I'm off to wipe everything and see if that fixes my camera problem...:(

Thanks for checking up on my issue...

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones