1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Titanium Sticking During Restore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kamau, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Male
    Manufactoring
    S.W. Lower Michigan
    When I'm using my TB to restore app & data, it will sometimes get stuck restoring something. I have let it sit for about an hour at on time, but it did not move. I then go into settings, and then apps, and go to TB to force stop it. But then, I have to start the whole process over again, picking which apps I want restored, which can be time consuming since I sometimes have to do this 3 or 4 times.
    Is there a way while in TB, to manually stop it then restart it without going through all that?

Advertisement

2. redgjm

redgjm Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    Male
    La Puente CA
    Happened to me too. What I did was reboot the phone and it worked after that

3. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Male
    Manufactoring
    S.W. Lower Michigan
    Thanks, but that's what I'm trying to avoid. If I reboot, all the apps/data I choose to restore will be reset. There are some apps that I don't want to take over to the next ROM.

4. pinocytosis

pinocytosis Member
    None

Jun 1, 2012
    i get this problem too. It happens to me only when I do a batch restore, and this happens:
    TB says "do you want to restore angry birds?", and since I'm testing out a new ROM, I don't really need angry birds on it, so i click don't install, or w/e it the text is. Then TB proceeds to restore data for angry birds, but since angry birds isn't installed, TB just hangs. I have to force stop TB, but it seems to run fine the next time i start it up.

5. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    When this happens to me, it always happens in batch restore and it's usually from one app that won't restore. If you force stop TB and then restore the rest of the apps minus the one it was stuck on, it will go. The most I've had is two apps that won't restore, but luckily I had a rom toolbox backup as well and was able to restore those apps with that.

6. boomer_jmoore

boomer_jmoore Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Male
    Sales Associate at a Tech Store.
    Chicago, IL
    This has happened to me many times. Just use Go backup Pro. I paid $5 for it and it's definitely worth it. You can even backup to either your Google drive or your Dropbox account.

7. lEquin0xl

lEquin0xl Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 27, 2012
    Male
    It usually happens too me with a bat h restore as well, problem is that TB restores the apps to the internal storage so you have to manually move them to the sd card (unless there's an option to restore to sd?). Then it usually restores everything just fine.

Tags: