• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TitaniumBackup backup folder not writable

lionruler2

Lurker
Nov 28, 2011
I'm trying to backup my rooted Galaxy Tab 7 Plus with TitaniumBackup to an ext sdcard. Something weird is going on though.

My internal storage, I think, is partitioned somehow. Looking at my main menu (even with no sd card inserted), I have an SD card folder /sdcard into which all the app data is installed. When I put in the 32 gb card, it shows up under sdcard/extStorages/SdCard (and it is recognized in the system preferences).

When I attempt to make the default backup folder sdcard/extStorages/SdCard/TitaniumBackup, the program states that the folder cannot be written to.

I'm wondering how I can make that folder writable and why the Galaxy Tab is making sdcard folder and then a sub extStorages folder?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones