• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TMAX Tablet 9'' Android version update?

CUTTNESS

Lurker
Oct 29, 2021
Hey guys, so i got this tmax tm9s775 tablet for free and im trying to update the android software or flash a completely modern firmware on itt. It has jellybean 4.1.1 on it and its terrible. Can anyone assist please? Would like to keep it and throw a newer android version on it but if its a pain i guess itll be target practice as nothing hardly runs on it. Thanks!

can't do it. android updates otherwise known as firmware updates are very device specific. so unless there is a firmware update put out by the manufacturer of your device with a higher android os, you are pretty much stuck with what you have. just remember free is free....LOL

Right! Yeah ive tried everything with it i know of as far as basic factory reset and delete bloatware and its still terribly slow. Well i do thank you for letting me know because theres nothing on google about it really. Ill give it a proper burial!

Upvote 0
Right! Yeah ive tried everything with it i know of as far as basic factory reset and delete bloatware and its still terribly slow. Well i do thank you for letting me know because theres nothing on google about it really. Ill give it a proper burial!
you can probably still use it for certain things. you can use it to stream some things like youtube. or use it like a big music player......lol

Upvote 0
you can probably still use it for certain things. you can use it to stream some things like youtube. or use it like a big music player......lol
it wont even load the updated youtube lol thats what we were gonna use it for and leave it in our suv so if it ever got stolen or damaged we wouldnt cry really. We were gonna use it for streaming audio since the radio in the suv is outdated.

Upvote 0
it wont even load the updated youtube lol thats what we were gonna use it for and leave it in our suv so if it ever got stolen or damaged we wouldnt cry really. We were gonna use it for streaming audio since the radio in the suv is outdated.
try the browser instead of the app. should work just the same.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones