• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tmo SGS 4g or Sprint EPIC 4g?

Best phone/network combo

• Tmobile Galaxy S 4g

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Sprint EPIC 4g

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spring EVO 4g

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
I am moving from an alltel/verizon plan (with old non-smartphone device) to either Tmobile for the Galaxy S 4g, or sprint with the EPIC 4g or the EVO.
Anyone have experience with these phones? (i know sgs4g just came out but is practically identical to vibrant)

Anyone have recent experience with both phones/carriers and speeds/features? Was going to go with the 4g from tmobile but found out I now have a choice between the two companies to add on to unlimited family plans. Any imput?

That was my thought on it, I wanted something thin and lightweight with performance but dad brought up the opportunity for cheaper to join his sprint plan, and grandparents with tmobile plan. Think i've decided to go with Tmobile, if nothing else they look like they are really getting into the smartphone game moreso than sprint is, alot of cool devices are rumored to come to tmobile =D

Upvote 0
Honestly, i'd only get the epic if you really needed a keyboard phone with a FFC

On t-mobile your only options for keyboards are

A)severely dated Mytouch slide
B)Slightly dated moto cliq 2
and if you want 4g
C)the soon dated g2

Although personally, i would recommend the mytouch 4g over the Samsung Galaxy S 4g.
Given what i know about the Vibrant, i really wouldnt' want to spend money on something that is a minor remake

Upvote 0
Honestly, i'd only get the epic if you really needed a keyboard phone with a FFC

On t-mobile your only options for keyboards are

A)severely dated Mytouch slide
B)Slightly dated moto cliq 2
and if you want 4g
C)the soon dated g2

Although personally, i would recommend the mytouch 4g over the Samsung Galaxy S 4g.
Given what i know about the Vibrant, i really wouldnt' want to spend money on something that is a minor remake

the SGS4G runs laps around the MT4G, the main complaints on the vibrant were the GPS, no camera flash, and no FFC.

the SGS4G has a working GPS locks on in 5 seconds with 5m accuracy, has a 1.3mp FFC. it does not have a camera flash still.

so the SGS4G does everything better than the MT4G other than a camera flash... i think its a no brainer.

Upvote 0
the SGS4G runs laps around the MT4G, the main complaints on the vibrant were the GPS, no camera flash, and no FFC.

the SGS4G has a working GPS locks on in 5 seconds with 5m accuracy, has a 1.3mp FFC. it does not have a camera flash still.

so the SGS4G does everything better than the MT4G other than a camera flash... i think its a no brainer.

lol i did say personally, meaning my opinion :)

i've not seen comparisons with the mt4g & sgs4g so i can't speak on its benefits or flaws.

I am going to probably go into a store and play with one to get a better feel for it :)

I would rather have a brand spanking new device....

Mytouch 3g to mytouch 3g slide to mytouch 4g are all monumental changes within the hardware and software and experience

Samsung Vibrant to Nexus S to Vibrant are literally all the same phone with minor upgrades in each variation

Not to mention they all feel rather cheap and plasticky(aside from the captivate)
but that's just my opinion

Upvote 0
lmao it doesn't matter if and when it gets 2.3 and 3.0

specs wise the phone is pretty much dated.

I am sure Sprint's Evo and Epic 4g will likely get 2.3 and 3.0 but specswise they are both dated.

Idk much specswise about the Sidekick 4g coming but that looks like it will definitely be a big contender for the G2 being a keyboard

so then you will have 3 keyboard phones

a 3g motorola cliq 2
a 4g Tmobile G2
and then a Sidekick 4g and if the specs are correct, it has a FFC and arguably better keyboard...Although i love my g2's keyboard

But yes the G2 is dated...but for now it is a great phone.
I like it. Surprisingly considering how much i hate keyboard phones and what not, it is a great device to me

Upvote 0
i guess ignorance is bliss for some.

the G2 is not oudated and nor will it be for sometime. it is a blazing fast phone. one of the top in speed

I'm not directing this post at you, but rather the situation as a whole.

Debating speed and performance on smartphones is somewhat futile, as it only applies for that part of the year. Manufacturers are spitting out new devices so quickly that it's almost guaranteed within two or three quarters, your device will be "outdated" compared to new releases.

Get what works for you, don't worry about getting the fastest device out there. If you like it, that's all that matters.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones