1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[TMobile] motochopper not working with update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by killernos, Dec 11, 2013.

1. killernos

killernos Newbie

I updated with an OTA on my step fathers phone and the phone was no longer rooted, I went to run motochopper and this is the message I got
    [*] Device found.
    [*] Pushing exploit...
    2291 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.547s)
    [*] Pushing root tools...
    3513 KB/s (366952 bytes in 0.102s)
    2590 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.704s)
    2671 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 0.577s)
    pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
    Success
    [*] Rooting phone...
    [*] This may take a few minutes.
    [-] Failure.
    [*] Cleaning up...
    [*] Exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit.
    Press any key to continue . . .

So I think we need a new way of rooting I tried unchecking and rechecking usb debugging and unknown sources any idea on this I am willing to do test for everyone and I am going to see about getting cyangenmod ported over.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. What update did you get? Go to Setting, About Phone, and click on Software information. Take a screen shot or post your output? As far as I know there isn't an update? What Phone do you have T-Mobile or Metro? Making a post without any details will not get any support.

3. killernos

killernos Newbie

it is tmobile D50010b this is on mine on his phone it is D50010h that updated today [​IMG]

4. killernos

killernos Newbie

I have just confirmed that Cydia Impactor nor motochopper will not work either on software version D50010h it will work on software version D50010b and motochopper will work as well.

5. Looks like they are updating both T-Mobile and Metro versions. Was there a change log anywhere? If it gets to my phone I will be able to pull it cause I'm rooted. I haven't got anything yet though. I guess anyone that wants root just don't update. By any chance have you tried VRoot or that other Chinese one?

6. killernos

killernos Newbie

I can confirm vroot does work here is the xda thread VRoot 1.6.0.3690 - 1-Click Root Method follow that guide it works and it fixed a broken root for me.

I just got the English version of vroot GetVRoot just thought yall might like

7. killernos

killernos Newbie

8. I updated my phone, and I'm still rooted. But it still says D50010b, not d50010h.

9. killernos

killernos Newbie

The d50010h update loses root unless you uses voodoo ota rootkeeper and are you on tmobile or metropcs

10. dschach

dschach Newbie

Don't use vroot. It is malware.

11. dschach

dschach Newbie

Most likely the update aborted early. Your phone was not updated.

12. vhawkx

vhawkx Lurker

My T-Mobile LG F6 is on the D50010b version (rooted and deleted bloat) and I'm trying to update to the D50010h. I've tried using OTA RootKeeper more than ten times (created su backup then did a temporary un-root) to keep my root through the D50010h update but the phone won't update. After doing the "system update," the phone resets and the update does not complete (software version is still D50010b). Anyone know what is going on? Is it because I rooted and uninstalled all the bloat?

13. killernos

killernos Newbie

Try following my force ota see if that fixes this

14. vhawkx

vhawkx Lurker

I've tried doing your force OTA from the other thread because the system update disappears after restarting the phone and attempting to update but to no avail. It just downloads the update and attempts to install it.

Thanks for the suggestion! Did you force OTA while your phone was on root, unroot, or temp-unroot?

15. killernos

killernos Newbie

It is not malware i have ran a few test no malware has come back, and depending on the programs you use it might show false positives.

16. killernos

killernos Newbie

do you have enough space for the update to download and install recommended space is 200mb

17. vhawkx

vhawkx Lurker

I do have enough space because I use Link2SD for most of the installed apps. Come to think of it, I think I will try removing the link for the apps and uninstalling Link2SD. I'll see if that works. Will post back after I test it out.

On another note, it doesn't seem like this update does much for the phone or user experience. There are no major changes correct?

18. vhawkx

vhawkx Lurker

I tried deleting Link2SD and updating but to no avail. Hopefully others have more success.

19. killernos

killernos Newbie

Factory restore but use titanium backup for your apps

20. vhawkx

vhawkx Lurker

I was debating doing that but it seems to be a little time consuming for a minor update that doesn't seem to change the phone. Maybe I will attempt that if they release a 4.4 update or something like that in the future.

21. killernos

killernos Newbie

I dont for see kit kat coming to this phone stock anyways, we might see 4.3 but i doubt kit kat

22. vhawkx

vhawkx Lurker

One can hope, haha.

23. cptdondo

cptdondo Lurker

Any way to revert the upgrade or root an upgraded F6?

All I really need is to get apps on the SD card.....

24. killernos

killernos Newbie

Vroot worked for me i posted a forum that has the english verison to download

25. cptdondo

cptdondo Lurker

I don't quite trust closed source chinese hacking software.... If the developers follow through and release the source I will be happy to use it. For now I'm not too excited; even if all it does is steal valid IMEI numbers I don't need that.

LG Optimus F6 Forum

The LG Optimus F6 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews