1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tmobile MyTouch 3G Slide vs LG Optimus T

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mjohnson741, May 20, 2011.

1. mjohnson741

mjohnson741 Lurker
    None

May 19, 2011
    Hi, so I am a new member and this is my first post. I am due for a new contract with tmobile this summer and am going to get my first android phone. I've been through a lot of details and I have come up with a tie between two different phones; the Tmobile MyTouch 3G Slide and the LG Optimus T. What I am looking for between these two phones is: Android 2.2 (froyo) or higher, long battery life, more overall memory (such as including a micro SD and stuff), a RAM of at least 200 MB, good web browsing, customization, and an overall great phone to have at all times. I checked places on the web where I can do side by side comparisons but I want some real feedback from people who have had one or both phones that can share the pros and cons of each. So, based on my preferences, please pick the phone you think is better for me. Thanks in advance for the tips and advice!:D

1 thing I like about the MyTouch 3G Slide is it's slide out QWERTY keyboard.
    1 thing I like about the LG Optimus T is it's physical buttons.

Right now I'm leaning towards the mytouch because of it's keyboard, design (buttons, layout, etc.), and customizability. And since it's camera having a flash is a pretty good deal too.

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Pros and cons depend on your requirements and how well these devices meet your requirements. Don't assume that you can resolve battery life issues just by selecting the "right" device. You'll need to spend some time analyzing your specific usage and adjusting.

3. mjohnson741

mjohnson741 Lurker
    None

May 19, 2011
    When I said battery life I meant like standby time and talk time. Both phones have different and one of them has more than the other. Sorry I wasn't clear. I am asking which phone has more talk time per charge

4. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    I actually have both phones. The Optimus will last longer in general, and alot longer with heavy usage. I tried this with wifi/bluetooth/auto syncing and auto brightness off on the slide, and only bluetooth off on the optimus(with the screen set equally dim)

5. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    The physical keys are the same for each of the phones. the mytouch has a flash and 5mp camera, but the lg has better settings for adjusting to conditions. the optimus runs 2.2 and the slide can be easily updated to 2.2, but the slide seems to handle web browsing better in being able to watch videos, respond in forums and the like.

6. revs1227

revs1227 Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    the my touch 3g slide is a seriously underated phone i had it for 5 months and switched to a droid 2 and was much happier with the touch slide
    just an over all smooth running great phone with froyo must be better
    i dont know much ab the o.t but i know the lside is cheap now also
    i would def say get a slide if not going for a real high end device