• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tmobile Note 3 MMS over Wifi

Big Boi

Jan 13, 2011
S. Fla
Switched from the note 2, to the 3 Friday. Living it so far, but just realized it won't send mms over Wifi. I have to disable wifi in order to send mms... wtf?

What songs do I need to change?

Also, the camera takes blurry pics, and is slow in the auto focus setting. What do I need to change in order to fix this?

Mine sends MMS when I'm on the WiFi. You need to have a good T-Mobile signal for any text to send as texts don't send over WiFi at all. So if you're in the middle of an all brick building and have no T-Mobile signal but full bars on your WiFi so you can still call out, then yes you won't be able to text.

If you want to text over WiFi then I suggest you get Google Hangouts and urge your friends to do the same.

Upvote 0
That is odd, very odd. Mine sends texts, MMS, makes calls no problem with Wi-Fi on. If I'm on Wi-Fi when browsing and I walk out of range of the signal it switches to network (LTE, HSPDA, whatever) easily. If a page happens to be loading/rendering or I'm streaming it very briefly (half second max) stops and then restarts. If going from Network to Wi-Fi it waits until I've either finished streaming or the page I want to view renders, then switches to Wi-Fi.

There are more than a few examples of weird connectivity problems and they all appear to be non international variants, particularly US models. Correlation perhaps?

Upvote 0
Called Tmo today, and they said it maybe do to Uverse (my cable/internet provider) not being compatible with the latest Android 4.3. That being said, I'm having one of their techs stop by, to figure out what's going on. The phone tech also noticed bad communication on the line when he did a test signal to my router.

I'll keep u guys posted

Upvote 0
Welp.... AT&T upgraded my entire home to their latest hardware (original setup was from the beginning of Uverse).

Still no change. The tech had an S4, and said he doesn't have any problems like this. And he has Uverse As well.

Idk

As I said, odd. It might be worth a shot requesting the settings for mobile internet and MMS from your carrier (network). They'll send you two SMS, open them and save them when requested to, at least then you'll have their correct settings for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones