1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tmobile Note 9 One UI 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tube517, Jun 30, 2020.

1. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Downloading OTA now for
    Tmobile Note 9
    One UI 2.1

June 2020 Security patch included

Little over 1 GB

#1 tube517, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    ocnbrze likes this.
  2. grunt0300

grunt0300 Android Enthusiast

How's the update? Any glitches? I'm also with Tmo, but I can get the 2.1 update from Sammobile website. Unfortunately, I would have to use Odin, and I've never used it before.

3. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

So far it's alot of changes to the camera. Really nice upgrade for the last major upgrade we will see for this phone.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. grunt0300

Thanks for the feedback. Here's my problem. I have an unlocked note 9(N960U), that I'm using on Tmo. However, since I didn't buy it from Tmo, I'm not getting any of their updates. The latest version 2.1, is out but I can't get it from Tmo. If I download the One UI version N960U1, would I have a better chance of getting updates? I could use some help, please.

It's all good now. Got the correct update from s firmware, and they gave me directions on flashing with Odin.

Anyone else get this error when upgraded to 2.1?

Attached Files:

5. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Yep. I am going to factory reset my phone and see if that works. I tried one of the solutions I found online but it was temporary and the error message came back.

Was your phone ever on Sprint?

6. grunt0300

No, i'm with Tmo. I did a factory reset, but it didn't work. Good luck.

7. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Did you buy yours brand new from T-Mobile?

I need to factory reset my phone anyways. I like to do it every 4-6 months.

Reason I asked about Sprint is I got mine used and it had Sprint bloatware and Sprint start up screen on it so I know the previous owner had it on Sprint.

This strange pop up message is on sprint phones everytime I google the issue.

This is a bigger issue than at first glance. I should have searched more thoroughly.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...mware-Update-Not-Complete/td-p/1296704/page/2

https://support.google.com/fi/thread/56884144?hl=en

Let's hope there is a fix/update in the next few weeks.

8. grunt0300

I bought mine U.S. unlocked, on eBay. As soon as i popped in the sim card, it picked up all the Tmo bloatware. It's a great phone though, and i'm glad that i got it.

Got back to 2.0, and i'm not getting that error 407 message anymore.

Got the Tmo 2.1 update about three days ago. Phone working good, with no "error 407" message. Too bad that Samsung updates take so long.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews