1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tmobile's newest plan.

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Shabbypenguin, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

Appears T-Mobile is going to have no reason to keep metro around as a brand for much longer. today they announced a "Simple Starter" plan. unlimited calls and text, unlimited data with a 500MB limit of 4G speeds. sound familiar? hekc it even meshes with metro's page MetroPCS Phone Plans | Cell Phone Plans | No Contract | 4GLTE Coverage | MetroPCS and tmobiles new simple starter plan may be the start of making it so then when they kill off metro no one will have a reason to complain with price differences. while this isnter surprising after all the work they have been doing i must admit im surprised at the speed of which they are working to possibly kill off the name.

this is 1 one of their 3 day on a roll again business, guess we will see what comes next :/

alfick3 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert

Uhm is it time for metro to merge now, since they have getting the lte network ready..

3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

It's possible they could get rid of Metro, but I don't see this as a definite sign they will. But the next few days will be interesting.

Assuming Metro is turning a profit (I don't know if they are or not) it would make sense to keep them around for another wireless option for consumers to use.

4. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert

I was in metro and now I'm with T-Mobile with my LG G2 and it's been amazing. I have done everything unlimited for $65. Or $70 and that is with jump and insurance included.

5. timmyh318

timmyh318 Android Enthusiast

I think its more of an answer to Verizon's postpaid 45 dollar plan than anything else. Even though its "no contract" its still the postpaid side they seem to be pushing with this.

6. timmyh318

Actually looking more into it the metro plan is better. After 500 MB on the new t mobile plan you don't get throttled you get prompted to either buy a day pass for data or to upgrade your plan. That kinda sucks. But again its on par with Verizon's postpaid 45 dollar plan. Its also hard capped at 500 MB.

7. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

8. timmyh318

Seems all there new announcements are going directly at Verizon now. Interesting strategy that combined with there TV ads claiming Verizon can fold up there maps. (Which to me is amazingly funny if you ever actually compared a Verizon coverage map to t mobiles. Really thats all Verizon would have to do in a commercial to answer that. Just put 2 maps up and print seriously....across the bottom of the page) I personally think they should focus on sprint rather than Verizon but I guess aim big or go home. There attacks on att though had very little if any impact on att so I don't think we even hear a response from Verizon.