• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To all my EVO South Florida peeps official forum!

yeah, not a bad idea, but my concern with RS, and why I did not check with them in the first place, is if I decide to return my, or my wife's, phone then I will be stuck with a gift certificate with them. I never shop there so it would be a waste.

Does anyone have the Miami/South Florida 4g map? Just curious if its going to reach up to me.

Upvote 0
evoman-Sprint says I have a $422 bill from 2007. I haven't a clue if that's right, soooo... ???

$422 + $199 + $35activation on top of $110/month unlimited...I said screw it. I'm getting my ghetto, jank ass, old Helio flashed to pcsMetro ($50/mo no contract) until the Dell Mini 5 or that new Verizon phone with th 4.1 screen show up.

Who here is impressed with my proper punctuation of ghetto, jank ass, old Helio?

And who wants my spot at Best Buy that day? Gimme $50 for the gift card, and it's yours for the taking. I'm guessing I could probably make $50-$100 on Ebay the day the phone is out, off contract, if I wanted to resell. I'm not going to try it.

Like I said, I'm 3rd on the list. Got in first day. I should have a phone June 4th, no problem...but I'm not taking it.

Upvote 0
evoman-Sprint says I have a $422 bill from 2007. I haven't a clue if that's right, soooo... ???

$422 + $199 + $35activation on top of $110/month unlimited...I said screw it. I'm getting my ghetto, jank ass, old Helio flashed to pcsMetro ($50/mo no contract) until the Dell Mini 5 or that new Verizon phone with th 4.1 screen show up.

Who here is impressed with my proper punctuation of ghetto, jank ass, old Helio?

And who wants my spot at Best Buy that day? Gimme $50 for the gift card, and it's yours for the taking. I'm guessing I could probably make $50-$100 on Ebay the day the phone is out, off contract, if I wanted to resell. I'm not going to try it.

Like I said, I'm 3rd on the list. Got in first day. I should have a phone June 4th, no problem...but I'm not taking it.

Sorry to hear that Streetman. Perhaps you can go to the store on the 4th and you might get someone not lucky to get an Evo to buy your gift card at a premium, otherwise you can just get your money back. I hope all goes well for you.

Upvote 0
I pre-ordered from the BB on Bird Rd. and the "PalGhetto", and I was the first pre-order, but I haven't gotten an appointment or a phone call. Anyone else pre-order from this BB? Also, I asked on a different thread but no answer yet, can I get the phone at BB even though I'm not eligible for an upgrade just yet? The CS Rep from Sprint told me yes, but Im not too sure. Here's my original post with the whole story:
I called Sprint yesterday and told them I was going to be upgrading my plan next Friday when the EVO comes out, I currently have a "$50 Free & Clear Plan". They told me that my upgrade eligibility isn't until next Feb. and they can't move it up, it has nothing to do with upgrading my plan, so I won't be able to get the phone for $199, which I pretty much already knew. But, the very nice CS rep offered me a $240 discount on my new 2 year plan once I upgrade next Friday, but it's $10 per month for the length of the contract. She also told me that I do qualify for a $75 discount on the EVO, or any new phone, instead of the eligible upgrade. And that's not all, :p, I also got a 10% discount on my monthly bill for belonging to a credit union. The best part, after I told her that I had already pre-ordered my EVO at BB, she told me that I could still get all of this through BB. Can anyone who works at BestBuy confirm this? If not, I'm gonna have to stand in line at Sprint on Friday to take advantage of all these discounts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones