1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

To anyone running 2.0 custom ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phillevy, Sep 7, 2009.

1. phillevy

phillevy Android Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2009
    Ongar, UK
    Can you please confirm whether your contact photos are displaying correctly in the favourite people widget and also when you call/receive a call from anyone. Also can you say whether you wiped before installing 2.0 and what you had on before 2.0. Help would be really appreciated with this - thanks a lot.

Advertisement

2. dukeuk76

dukeuk76 Newbie

Contact photos are fine. And yes i can call/receive from contacts.
    I did wipe data before 2.0 install, i had standard rom on before 2.0.

Hope any of this helps

3. phillevy

Aug 27, 2009
    Ongar, UK
    Thanks -my photos are ok in the people app but not in the widget - can you confirm your photos are ok in the widget?

4. dukeuk76

dukeuk76 Newbie

I have my contact photos synced to my facebook, and yes they show correctly within the widget.

5. ripkord

ripkord Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Facebook pictures assigned to contacts look better than before but still a bit grainy (depends on the quality of the pic uploaded obviously).

Photos manually assigned from file are perfect. The widget app, although a bit better stil compresses them so there is still some blocking and aliasing on the pictures. Not as clear as the example on the phone.

I was running stock t-mobile rom and I wiped.

6. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Cambridge, UK
    for issues like this, with widgets I always start by removing the widget entirely, and adding a new one from scratch. Might help.

7. phillevy

Aug 27, 2009
    Ongar, UK
    Tried that and anything obvious - the problem was not as simple as that - solved eventually by a wipe and reinstall of 2.0

8. padstar

padstar Newbie

Aug 19, 2009
    I was running MCR 1.5.1 before 2.0. I did a wipe first and everything ran fine. Have just flashed 2.2 without wipe so will spend the morning checking for bugs. All seems ok so far though.

9. phillevy

Aug 27, 2009
    Ongar, UK
    Things are working so well now on 2.0 that I think I will only update if something significant cames along.

10. padstar

padstar Newbie

Aug 19, 2009
    Yeah thats what I was thinking. I resisted 2.1 but thought "why not?" when 2.2 came out. As always I did a nandroid backup so if I encounter any problems I will be restoring back to 2.0. So far so good though and the clock, bookmarks and favourites widgets seem to load quicker on startup.

Tags: