• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To buy LG P500 or not

BrainCrasher

Feb 25, 2011
Can someone tell if this phone is worth the money?
I have a HTC Desire Z, but I want another phone because I need to be available on the mobile networks... So can someone please tell me is this a good phone in it's price range? It does support full Flash right?

thanks!
I appreciate all your help!

The LG P500 is a great phone for it's price. It doesn't have Flash even though it's on Froyo. The Optimus has a good Dev community with unofficial CM7 out on XDA if your in to rooting and etc. I find my overclocked P500 to be amazing and smooth with no lag at all in the home screens and scrolling. PS Gingerbread for this phone from LG is coming very soon.

Upvote 0
Bought OP1 2 months ago originally as an interim phone until iphone 5 is out, but it has so successfully met all my needs that I need not shell out any more $$.

Essential free apps to grab from marketplace:
- AppBrain
- ApptoSD
- Lock Screen
- SMS Popup
- Everdroid
- Evernote
- Opera Mobile

Upvote 0
I'm in the same uncertainty
and i heard about the multitouch problem
Is this an Effective problem and i need to know if i root my mob
can i setup the official android 2.3 whithout any problem

As a first time rooter I had no problems. I used Z4Root which made things even more easier. Right now there are like 3 unofficial 2.3.3 ROMs (I'm using the one made by Mik) and there is no major problems with the rom. The multi touch bug has been fixed, but there is still some bit of lag in games like angry birds on the levels with a lot of stones. You can see lag, but it's bearable to the fact that you will enjoy the game. Keep in mind with these phones specs I wouldn't have expected to run angry birds as smooth or be able to play some gameloft games. I'm pretty happy with my purchase and if you are willing to root, I'll definitely recommend you get this over the other budget level phones. Also LG is going forward with there plans with giving this phone gingerbread as on youtube you can see videos of the optimus running gingerbread from LG.

Reactions: zamalek4ever
Upvote 0
As a first time rooter I had no problems. I used Z4Root which made things even more easier. Right now there are like 3 unofficial 2.3.3 ROMs (I'm using the one made by Mik) and there is no major problems with the rom. The multi touch bug has been fixed, but there is still some bit of lag in games like angry birds on the levels with a lot of stones. You can see lag, but it's bearable to the fact that you will enjoy the game. Keep in mind with these phones specs I wouldn't have expected to run angry birds as smooth or be able to play some gameloft games. I'm pretty happy with my purchase and if you are willing to root, I'll definitely recommend you get this over the other budget level phones. Also LG is going forward with there plans with giving this phone gingerbread as on youtube you can see videos of the optimus running gingerbread from LG.

another question
the best in Games galaxy fit or optimus one
because you say there is bit of lag even i make The multi touch fix
is this lag Happen in all games or just angry birds
and please tell me can i setup The multi touch fix whith out root ma phone
or using ROMs
I appreciate your help whith me... :D

Upvote 0
another question
the best in Games galaxy fit or optimus one
because you say there is bit of lag even i make The multi touch fix
is this lag Happen in all games or just angry birds
and please tell me can i setup The multi touch fix whith out root ma phone
or using ROMs
I appreciate your help whith me... :D

Looking at the Specs, the Optimus one seems better and the Optimus has a good Dev community. You can find out how to root on XDA. Here's a guide on how to install the touch screen fix. [GUIDE] How to install touchscreen fix - xda-developers

Upvote 0
This is definitely worth the money. I just broke my Samsung Galaxy S smartphone the other day after only having it two months. I wasn't in the mood to spend another $500.00 to replace it. Decided to try this phone as it is quite inexpensive and it does have Android 2.2.1. After 1 day it appears to be a pretty good phone. Missing some features that I had in the Galaxy(flash, 5.0 MP camera) but this is still pretty impressive. This phone will do for the time being.

Upvote 0
This is definitely worth the money. I just broke my Samsung Galaxy S smartphone the other day after only having it two months. I wasn't in the mood to spend another $500.00 to replace it. Decided to try this phone as it is quite inexpensive and it does have Android 2.2.1. After 1 day it appears to be a pretty good phone. Missing some features that I had in the Galaxy(flash, 5.0 MP camera) but this is still pretty impressive. This phone will do for the time being.

Yes, the phone is great for the money.

If you want a simple, no-hassle, good looking rom, go for Noejn's Void. (see xda forums)

I've been experimenting with Gingerbread roms but I'm back on Void. until the most important bugs (mainly bluetooth related) have been ironed out of the GB roms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones