• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

to case or not to case...this is an important question!

detroid

Nov 23, 2009
Detroit
Posting from my Droid!

Yesterday I removed my case in order to remove a bit of dirt from where the case meets the Droid. While it was off I was admiring how great the styling of the Droid is (I really do think it's sexy) and decided to leave it off for the day. Not 10 minutes later it slipped out of my hands and fell onto a hard tile surface! Thankfully it's tough as nails and only suffered a light scuff on a corner. I promptly put the case back on, which has a nice sticky grip to it, but today I am staying in so I took the case off again to admire the looks. Am I tempting fate?

no case please :x more bulk + ruins the look u fell in love w/ at the store... yeah it gives more protection, but im going for the sleeve case! check out the thread on it on the forum or look at this one.

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Motorola-Droid -UltraSlim#

i mean.. how can u get more classy lookin that those :x fits right in your pocket and snug, won't fall out. just dont drop it while using it! (that goes for all expensive gadgets)

Upvote 0
Yeah it really is a tough decision for me. I suppose when I dropped the Droid I proved that I don't need a case...lol

Ha, or this could mean that you desperately need one. Seriously though, besides my phantom skin screen protector, I've left my droid naked since launch and it's still pristine. When I was usb tethering I would constantly drop it onto my hardwood floor, no damage.

I have considered a sleeve, though.

Upvote 0
Same here, I bought a case when I got it and noticed dirt getting inside. Had the same problem with my q, the case trapped dirt and scuffed up the outside of the phone took the case off that first week and have been using it that way since.
Seems the profit on accessories is pretty good so they make as many as they can with no thought as to if they cause more problems than they are supposed to prevent

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones