1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

To Do Lists???

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Darkflame1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Darkflame1

Darkflame1 Member
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Alamo city
    I'm a long-time user of IllumSoft's ListPro. It was good because each file had a master list of the lists it contained, and each list was able to nest as deeply as needed. The software enabled you to check-off items (& then either auto-hide them or leave them visible but checked) as you completed them. List could be manually or auto-prioritized. Items could have different colors assigned to them. It was simple in that it was not integrated with the calendar, so no "due by" was displayed on the calendar, tho you could have a date field in the list, & could sort the list by the date field. It was, quite simply, an exquisite LIST program, & nothing more.

Is there an Android equivalent?

Or, do those which do integrate to the calendar & such also have the list capabilities I've mentioned?

I've looked at the other threads regarding to-do lists, and they are fairly old, in technology advancement terms.

So, what's the verdict?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    You might want to take a look at something like Springpad? Or if you're willing to pay, something like Astrid?

Never used either myself, but they seem pretty feature ladden and may do what you need them to.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Paid astrid seems to only have additional widgets and no additional features compared to free one, so not sure if its worth paying for it.

Astrid can do a lot of what the OP wants except maybe the nesting of lists part, as the lists can only go so deep in astrid: list>tasks. They said they'd release an update for subtasks, but still haven't gotten around to that yet. Mostly they've been releasing performance updates for sync.

For calendar integration, you could get Astrid and Calendar to integrate using Android Agenda (Agenda is able to add events and tasks to both Astrid and Calendar and display them together in its widget. Its like using one app when in fact there are three).

I saw something once which might satisfy the OP. Can't really really remember the name, I think it was like Checkmark Calendar and To-Do list. They're paid apps to get full functionality. I just removed them because I did not like the UI and widget.