• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help To mgood enoufhake Froyo work, is a factory reset good enough?

As advised by the experts, I did a factory reset when my phone went wacky on me. I didn't actually have Froyo installed when this happened, but as soon as I did the reset, I received a system prompt concerning the available upgrade and took it. My phone works better now, but but battery performance is about the same.

I have also been advised that battery performance (as in better than ever), among other things works best with a clean install, not the upgrade. Since I did a factory reset before taking the upgrade, I wonder if this is equivalent to a clean install, or if the clean install would still be worth my effort. If it's the latter, there is only one resource for clean install files which I have been referred to, which cannot help me because I don't have an XP machine available (I did try it on Windows 7). If a clean install is, in any case, the best option, are there any Win7 installation files available for Froyo?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones