• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To reformat the SD card or no?

ninjedi

Lurker
Dec 23, 2011
Hello :)
I have a question. My droid is telling me my SD card maybe damage and that
I may have to reformat it. The problem is that I have pictures of my first newborn
son on it. I dont want to lose any of it. But, I dont have a computer to copy these pictures.
Is there any way around this or am I doomed to lose his pictures from when he is born?

thanks in advance :)

_nin_

Welcome to the forums!!! :D

You can also get the Dropbox app from the market. Lets you load info to your own personal on line storage "box". You can then download the information at will from any PC or phone with Dropbox installed on it. Works nice!

If you need any help, just let us know! :)

Edit: karandpr ninja'd me!

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums!!! :D

You can also get the Dropbox app from the market. Lets you load info to your own personal on line storage "box". You can then download the information at will from any PC or phone with Dropbox installed on it. Works nice!

If you need any help, just let us know! :)

Edit: karandpr ninja'd me!

Thanks for the well come :)
Will this still work even though right now when I go to my gallery its says
"SD card unmounted or not present"? I've tried mounting it but it wont let me unless
I reformat.

Edit: okay, I just downloaded the dropbox and its telling me theres no SD card :(

Upvote 0
Thanks for the well come :)
Will this still work even though right now when I go to my gallery its says
"SD card unmounted or not present"? I've tried mounting it but it wont let me unless
I reformat.

Do you have an another android or older phone like a Nokia around you ?
Without a computer ,you will need a SD card reading device like another phone to atleast backup them up.
Can you tell me if you have a spare SD card lying around ?

Reactions: ninjedi
Upvote 0
sounds to me .. you are on the verge of a learning a hard lesson. I sure hope you can get the important pics out ...

you must have a buddy/friend that has a PC? how about work?

i dont think you phone can help here... you need a pc to test and fix the card. before it gets worse. you need to be able to take the card out of the phone.. and plug it directly into a pc.. to get some diagnostics on it. and grab as much of your data off and on to a backup!

if you can not afford a pc.. there are online cloud storage for pics that are free.
Dropbox is good.. but it is very small for, unless you willing to pay. free is only 2GB. but does have some great benefits and functionality. which you might or might not need.

Reactions: ninjedi
Upvote 0
Do you have an another android or older phone like a Nokia around you ?
Without a computer ,you will need a SD card reading device like another phone to atleast backup them up.
Can you tell me if you have a spare SD card lying around ?

I have another android and its older. Or my fiance has his phone that he uses which is a
Coment that has a SD card. But I dont have a spare SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones