• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help To remove Google feed from home screen

Upvote 0
Yes, when a manufacturer decides to force you to accept their crap on your homescreens, whether that's a "feed" or a search bar or some other unremovable widget, the simplest solution is just to change the launcher.

In case you don't know, your home screens and app drawer are provided by an app called a launcher. The tablet comes with Samsung's launcher, and hence if Samsung code the launcher so that one page always has this "feed" then there's nothing you can do to remove it. However you don't have to use the manufacturer's launcher, you can find a different one in the Play Store and use that instead. You'll have to set your home screens up again, but as you are no longer using the manufacturer's app they can't force anything onto your desktops.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have written at length, and often, after starting to come to terms with my new A8 tablet. I thank all who have kindly responded with advice and information; I am now over the initial teething troubles and enjoying the rather different features of thus tablet.

I hope I won't need to bother you all again, but it is good know you are there and willing to helpi

Thanks very much

Roger

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones