• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

to root or not to root

largecharge

Feb 4, 2010
my thanks to blitbroke for the root procedure and keeping it up to date. i would like to try this out however;

doing a root on my phone i'm on my own if something goes wrong, would the lg warranty be void tinkering/hacking in if i ever had to send it in for repair (eg electonic repair,other technical problems) ?

also with V1.6 coming out soon will this default it back again to bloatware loading up automatically again when doing the upgrade ?

just curious.............

If something did go wrong with your phone that wasn't root related (hardware keyboard stops functioning, etc) I'm sure that LG would still honour the warranty as I don't think they'd be looking for missing Rogers apps on the phone. If they did see some other apps that would only ever work on a rooted phone, and they were knowledgeable enough to know this, then they may not honour the warranty.

The 1.6 update may or may not bring back the bloatware. I guess it depends on whether Rogers gets hold of it and re-inserts them. As far as Rogers is concerned, a regular user will already have the bloatware installed, so why add it to the 1.6 update? Knowing Rogers though, they could go either way, so I guess only time will tell!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones