1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

to root or not to root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by largecharge, Mar 4, 2010.

1. largecharge

largecharge Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    my thanks to blitbroke for the root procedure and keeping it up to date. i would like to try this out however;

doing a root on my phone i'm on my own if something goes wrong, would the lg warranty be void tinkering/hacking in if i ever had to send it in for repair (eg electonic repair,other technical problems) ?

also with V1.6 coming out soon will this default it back again to bloatware loading up automatically again when doing the upgrade ?

just curious.............

Advertisement

2. britbloke

britbloke Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Kitchener, Ontario
    If something did go wrong with your phone that wasn't root related (hardware keyboard stops functioning, etc) I'm sure that LG would still honour the warranty as I don't think they'd be looking for missing Rogers apps on the phone. If they did see some other apps that would only ever work on a rooted phone, and they were knowledgeable enough to know this, then they may not honour the warranty.

The 1.6 update may or may not bring back the bloatware. I guess it depends on whether Rogers gets hold of it and re-inserts them. As far as Rogers is concerned, a regular user will already have the bloatware installed, so why add it to the 1.6 update? Knowing Rogers though, they could go either way, so I guess only time will tell!

Tags: