• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jonrud

Jun 8, 2011
Hi I am sure I am not alone on this the wait for jelly bean so is it worth the hassle to root your tablet?. Yes you get to use the new os but is it worth losing everything you have setup since owning the tablet and are the Roms you see around any good, apart from the os what else do you gain?.

Hi I am sure I am not alone on this the wait for jelly bean so is it worth the hassle to root your tablet?. Yes you get to use the new os but is it worth losing everything you have setup since owning the tablet and are the Roms you see around any good, apart from the os what else do you gain?.
If you use an Odin flash then you loose nothing. Maintains all apps, settings, contact lists, data - everything! As james says you dont even need to root. Simple, quick and trivial, if you follow detailed instructions. Search in the GN10.1 forum on xda-developers for lots of hrlp.

And, YES, it is absolutely worth doing! Brings many extra capabilities and performance improvements to the GN10.1.

Just do it!

Upvote 0
If you use an Odin flash then you loose nothing. Maintains all apps, settings, contact lists, data - everything! As james says you dont even need to root. Simple, quick and trivial, if you follow detailed instructions. Search in the GN10.1 forum on xda-developers for lots of hrlp.

And, YES, it is absolutely worth doing! Brings many extra capabilities and performance improvements to the GN10.1.

Just do it!

Yes I understand that the question was is it worth changing the Rom completely when you will lose all your settings.

Upvote 0

Just do it!

What and where do I get the files needed?

Upvote 0
As Szadzik says, if you want information and help on how to flash official firmware on to your SGN10.1 then go to xda-developers forum for this devjce :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1736

This forum is good for general chit-chat about the device , but xda is much better for serious stuff.
Confirm what I said earlier. If you do an Odin flash of official firmware you keep everything - data, apps, settings, contacts - everything. Still good to have backups though - in case you make a boob!!

Upvote 0
As Szadzik says, if you want information and help on how to flash official firmware on to your SGN10.1 then go to xda-developers forum for this devjce :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1736

This forum is good for general chit-chat about the device , but xda is much better for serious stuff.
Confirm what I said earlier. If you do an Odin flash of official firmware you keep everything - data, apps, settings, contacts - everything. Still good to have backups though - in case you make a boob!!

I have been a member of xda site for about 6 years but they only seem to have the German version not the UK version and from what I have read not everybody have used it without problem! ? When you say it's an "official firmware" that not strictly true is it.

Upvote 0
i installed the file Samsung-Updates.com-GT-N8010-DBT-KIES-1354341369.zip via odin, once installed my tablet retained all settings / apps and started with 4.1.1 in english,

kies does not recognise the fw though because its the german one i not have, but i am happy to install via odin when 4.1.2 comes out again, will be faster than through kies anyway.

Upvote 0
i installed the file Samsung-Updates.com-GT-N8010-DBT-KIES-1354341369.zip via odin, once installed my tablet retained all settings / apps and started with 4.1.1 in english,

kies does not recognise the fw though because its the german one i not have, but i am happy to install via odin when 4.1.2 comes out again, will be faster than through kies anyway.

Any chance of a link please.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones