• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To Solve Problems ... Flash over or Wipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmba

Nov 6, 2009
I posted on another thread that when I boot virtuous (stock kernel, no themes, no nothing) It boots through to Lookout running, then reboots from "HTC Truly Incredible" (not all the way back). No one responded to the thread that they have this happening.

If I wanted this to go away, would I be able to just re-apply Virtuous 3.1 on top of my setup, or do I need to wipe.

My problem is more fully stated in another post, but it is fairly simple:
1) Turn on Incredible running Virtuous 3.1, stock Kernel v4.0, NO CUSTOMIZATIONS

2) It goes white "HTC Incredible" -> white "HTC quietly brilliant" -> Black/"Words then Red Eye"

3) Then about 10 seconds after it boots ...

4) It goes white "HTC quietly brilliant" -> Black/"Words then Red Eye"

5) Phone runs perfectly after that with no reboots, etc.

Step 4 is obviously something wrong. My question is ... would reflashing on top of my current setup resolve or do I have to start from ground up with a wipe.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones