• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

to those who complain about battery life

mobile363

Jun 19, 2011
i managed to nurse my desire hd to nearly 5 hours of display time and from 6:00am to 8:00pm off charger. And 3g was on most of the time. Dont complain. that is good. A hint is to download a screen filter that basically makes your screen slightly less bright. you can control it. Just dont set it to 100% or you may have issues lol

I got rid of my DHD though in favour of the Galaxy S2. and while the S2 is a different beast, the DHD is still one of the best phones ever. I miss many aspects of it. But mine was too glitchy. Probably not a consistant problem.

AMOLED displays are more power efficient as compared to conventional LCD's.

Actually not really. slcd is fine. Amoled is fine. But both have pros and cons. Early observation tells me that gs2 has the same battery life as dhd. Gs2 does better in idle. But I will struggle to get 5 hours of display on gs2 as well. But during 8 hours of idle I only drop 1 or 2 percent which is great.

Upvote 0
Today, I spent almost 10 hours in my garage and had wifi on, data on, bluetooth on (listened to podcast and music for almost 7 hours) and at 6 pm ( 11 hours after coming off my charger) I was sitting at 12% left. I can't ask for any better than that. That was a heavier day than normal.

Usually I get through the whole day with 30-40% left. I'm rooted running Virtuous Unity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones