• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To those who say the Fascinate's battery sux

I just check my "Time without a signal" and it is 32% for 13 hours. I was even at home all day today. I guess cell service is bad at my home and my work.

I wonder where the cell service is actually good? :thinking:

Very disappointed in the cell performance of the Fascinate.

My wife is sitting next to me with her Blackberry and she is getting 3 to 4 bars constantly. While my Fascinate reads 1 to 2 bars and sometimes Zero.

- Tim

Take out the battery for 30 seconds. That works for me sometimes when I'm getting bad signal where I normally do not. Went from 40%+ to 0%. But it's sporadic.

I hope, if there is an update Monday, it fixes signal strength more than anything.

Upvote 0
I got my facinate about a year ago. About two weeks ago the battery life went from a couple of days to 8 hrs. Same usage. I though it might be an app so Id kill all my apps. I went to Verizon to see if they could help. I was toldm my phone was old and I should upgrade or purchase a new battery. I asked about the iPhone and was told I should stick with google. When asked why she talked about apps and her four year old son. Really I'm not have an app issue nor am I four. She did suggest an app killing app. So I got the app and new battery with no change. Not happy at all with my phone, worst phone ever.

Upvote 0
I got my facinate about a year ago. About two weeks ago the battery life went from a couple of days to 8 hrs. Same usage. I though it might be an app so Id kill all my apps. I went to Verizon to see if they could help. I was toldm my phone was old and I should upgrade or purchase a new battery. I asked about the iPhone and was told I should stick with google. When asked why she talked about apps and her four year old son. Really I'm not have an app issue nor am I four. She did suggest an app killing app. So I got the app and new battery with no change. Not happy at all with my phone, worst phone ever.

Go to AMAZON.COM and do a search on "Samsung Fascinate Extended Battery" and you will find your ideal solution for less than $15 delivered.

I, too suffered from poor battery life with my Fascinate. I bought a 3500mAh extended battery with back cover and never looked back. At the end of the day, I now still have 79% battery power left, where before, my battery would have shut my phone down due to being depleted.

The Verizon store has one object in mind (usually) and that is to sell you something else you don't really need. My Fascinate is my absolutely favorite phone...

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones