1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root to unroot, or not to unroot.. that is the question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ejgreen, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Ejgreen

Ejgreen Member
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    I seem to becoming a bit addicted to this forum, all the advice is really useful. After the dilemma about theme manager FC yesterday (To which I worked out you can change the theme by going to edit theme - change launcher screen etc) I'm kinda unsure whether to go back to the stock orange stuff. This is partly because I'm worried about my phone going wrong and not being able to take it back, or get a replacement if it did go wrong since rooting invalidates the warranty. I have a year and a half left on the contract so it's highly likely something could pack up. That said, the battery life on the original sense, stock thingy (Apologies, I'm not really up with the lingo!!) lasted about 10 hours with pretty much every setting off, wifi, gps, brightness down to about 10%. i'm probably getting double the battery life now with it rooted.

What are everyones thoughts?

Mucho thanks!

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I'd keep as is :)

What sort of use were you getting 10 hours with?

3. Ejgreen

Ejgreen Member
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd use it a fair bit, half an hour of phone calls a day, checking email, facebook, twitter, the odd bit of wifi..oh and a bit of internet surfing

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    To be honest, I'd stay rooted. 10 hours isn't a long time at all!!

I have like 20 months left on a 2yr Orange contract and I believe that the benefits of being rooted outweigh the disadvantages... I can change the ROM if I get bored, so it's like having a completely new toy to play with!

I guess it depends how much you worry about it... I'm of the view that I'll worry about it at the time - it may never happen!