1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

To upgrade or not upgrade, that is the question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KeyWestJoe, Dec 11, 2019.

1. KeyWestJoe

KeyWestJoe Lurker

Hey all...first time here.
    I would love some update encouragement.

I'm on the fence on whether to allow the Android 10 update. Still on 9 and happy with it. I know...then just stay with 9.
    I just don't want to have to deal with the inevitable issues I keep reading about after the 10 rollout. I get those constant reminders to run the update but I swipe them away

If there was a way to roll back to 9 should 10 ruin the phone, I wouldn't hesitate.

Am I missing the usual security and other critical updates by not moving to 10?
    I'm going to 'upgrade' to the 3a XL or 4XL in a few months...but don't want to miss critical monthly updates all the way back from last Sept. until then.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. KeyWestJoe

KeyWestJoe Lurker

OK... Answered my own question.
    I waited until January 8th. Once I saw that Google fixed all the nasty issues, I took the plunge. It took ten minutes to move to v10.

But then it took an hour to run 5 months of security updates. Since 10 came out they stopped all the automatic updates, so I had to run them all since last August.

I'm glad I took the Android 10 plunge on this 2 xl. No issues at all so far, and the battery life definitely got way better.

The only thing I hate, and can't get rid of is that damn Emergency icon when you press and hold the power button. I use it a lot for screenshots and I've hit the Emergency button already. Too bad I can't get rid of it.

ocnbrze likes this.

Google Pixel 2 XL Forum

The Google Pixel 2 XL release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 3520mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews