1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

to wait or cave, that is my question.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ionekoa, May 8, 2011.

1. ionekoa

ionekoa Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 28, 2009
    Bill Collector
    when android stopped being a t-mo only item and went to all 3 carriers i left verizon and their money magnets for sprint.(that's a long story but lets just say that despite their attempts to imagine themselves as the android kings, before the phones were released every rep would respond to my inquiries about it as though i were a psychotic idiot babbling about hyper intelligent pigs visiting earth from the sun.) today, the nexus S is officially released for my carrier. i have been waiting for the GS2 to come out for some time, and i am ready to upgrade my hero, which i love, but is a bit slow and doesn't have much in the way of on-board storage these days. so, i'm tempted to get with the Nexus S even though i really want the GS2.

Nexus.
    Pros: it's out now,NFC, stock android, 16GB internal storage
    Cons: single core 1Ghz processor(compared to GS2 dual core 1.2), no SD card(this is a BIG one for me as it isn't just expanded storage, it's easier to move files from camera to phone, phone to phone, and i often use my phone as an SD reader; one less piece of equipment to carry around.)

GS2
    Pros: Gorrilla glass, 1.2 Ghz dual core processor, SD card, list-goes-on
    Cons: NFC is up in the air(current models are some-do some-don't), and the big one; no idea WHEN it's going to be available.

note: sprint bloatware and lack of updates is not an issue for me as i root and rom, which is why they were not included in "Cons" for the GS2.

the question is, do i give in and get the nexus S with all it's nexusy goodness, or do i wait until who knows when to get the GS2?

Advertisement

2. kurtle005

kurtle005 Newbie
    None

May 8, 2011
    Australia
    Nexus s i reckon

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    The question is, why are you polling us? It's a call that you need to make for yourself. How much do you really want the GS2? Why are you thinking of settling? You need to weigh the pros and cons on both sides.