• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Today might be my lucky day

thaboyz

Jun 6, 2010
Just called Radio Shack to see if my pre-ordered has come in and she said they are suppose to come in today :D

I hope they do cause I've been waiting for one since the 4th.

I'm coming from an iPhone 3GS and am new to the Android OS. I have a quick question, How do you back up your contacts then put them back on your phone?

I ask this because I'm going to hard reset the phone before I customize it, cause I don't wanna get it all set it up then find out I have to do a hard reset later.

I will be getting my EVO on Monday. I am also dumping AT&T and the iphone 3gs. Two years running and I never had service in my home. Can't wait. But I am also lost as to what to do first when I get my new EVO??
You hear people talk about battery usage due to the many apps that are preloaded on the phone that you really don't need. I think I will look for a "ANDROID PHONES" for dummies this weekend.

Upvote 0
^this.

Welcome to Android. Read on the forums a lot. Android is really nice and customizable, but you gotta let your inner geek out a bit to fall in love.
Oh I've been reading on this forum since the phone has launched. So I'm pretty much an expert now :D

I think I'll enjoy Android alot more than Apple because of the fact that you can customize so much.

I'm going to pick up my phone right now! They just called me as I was writing this response :D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones