1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Today Theme For Android?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by bladebarrier, Jul 1, 2010.

1. bladebarrier

bladebarrier Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Hi All,

I'm wondering if there's a "Today" theme for Android. I'll be getting the Droid X when it's released, and wanted something that shows previews of emails, texts, and upcoming calendar events, right on main screen.

Here's an example of what I mean (though this is on a Blackberry, so it's a much smaller screen).

Thanks for your help!

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Computer SuperGenius aka Systems Administrator
    Liverpool, NY
    Well, the calendar one is pretty easy, both CalWidget and Smooth Calendar will work.

Not sure about the others though.

-Mike

3. bladebarrier

bladebarrier Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Yeah, it looks like setting up a calendar is pretty easy to do, but I was hoping to get all of the info types on the lock screen, and if not, on the home screen.

In the situation that I can't sort out a way to do it, can the Droid X LED and vibration be controlled to flash a certain color and/or vibrate, at regular intervals, to show if a call/email/sms was missed?

I missed that most about my Blackberry, when I swapped to the iPhone. Even after jailbreaking it, there was nothing as convenient as a regular vibration + LED alert, to let me know I missed something important (Intelliscreen was the closest I could get).

Losing reliable push, and losing a good alert system, made the iPhone more of a toy to me, than an actual device for communication. I'm hoping that by going with a Droid, I can find a happy middle ground.