1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Toddler games - Shape Sorter

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SharonMunday, Jan 16, 2013.

1. SharonMunday

SharonMunday Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2013
    I have just downloaded this app to my samsung galaxy S2 for my little boy. It has a child lock on it which states you have to click on 4 corners. I have tried this and cannot get out of the app. On checking on google play on my partners phone it states that you can also hold the volumn down button and the back button 5 times. That doesnt work either. I have removed the batter and left it out for half hour and put it back in and the phone still boots up straigh to the app. How can I get out of the app and uninstall it. I have logged into google play online on our laptop but it doesn't show any apps on my phone. Please help:thinking::thinking:

Advertisement

2. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Android Expert

Jun 27, 2009
    Male
    In my house.
    It's odd that it went back to that app after you removed the battery.

I would suggest trying the battery idea again. Remove the battery, wait a while, then boot.

if it still comes up you should contact the dev immediately.

Question: When you put the battery back in, did it immediately cause the phone to turn on and boot, or did you still have to press the power button to boot up after putting in the battery?

There seem to be a lot of shape sorter apps in the store. Can you post a link to the one in question, or tell us the exact name?

3. SharonMunday

SharonMunday Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2013
    You still have to hold the power button on the right to start it. its goes to the samsung Galaxy S11 screen. then comes up with the funky multicoloured logo and goes straight to the shape sorter game.

This is the app. I read the stars and it stated that the 4 corner clicking had been fixed by using the volume and back button. It doesn't work :)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...XJnLmFuZHJvaWQudG9kZGxlci5zaGFwZXNvcnRpbmciXQ..

Im very sad as I have loads of photos of my 2 year old on the phone which I think I may lose and yes they are not back uped :-((

4. SharonMunday

SharonMunday Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2013
    OK i have just logged into google play on my laptop and removed the app. It states it uninstalled but when i turn my phone on its still going straight into the app. Even though google play on the laptop states its uninstalled. I don't know what to do. I don't want to factory re-set and lose all my photos of my little boy. I did back up the photos a while back but haven't got around to backing up all my christmas photos :-( I could cry!

5. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Android Expert

Jun 27, 2009
    Male
    In my house.
    Okay I just looked at their page. A lot of users are posting the same complaint!

One user posted this:

When you are in the app, can you get to Android settings? Can you pull down your notifications tray? If so, pull down the notifications tray and see if you can get in to your phone settings from there. Then you want to go into Settings > Apps and look for the app in question. Once you find it, tap on it's entry, then tap the Force Stop button. Then tap Uninstall.

Here is the web site for the dev: http://roysolberg.com/

Here is the email address to contact him re this app: http://roysolberg.com/

I just sent him an email.

One more question: Does the Menu button under the screen work? Any options in there?

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA