• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Toggle specific apps to notify or not based on wifi

Hay all,

This is the first I've found of Tasker and it looks amazing! I can't wait to think of cool new routines for my phone. My question is this:

Sometimes I'm at work and pulled away from my desk for longer than I expect. As much as 2 hours, which is long enough to wish I had seen an email earlier. I have my phone/watch notifications turned off because when I'm at work I'm getting messages via my laptop, and at home they will text me if it's important. When my (Work wifi is near + Laptop Bluetooth is near), I want notifications OFF for Outlook (and others) as I'm certainly sitting in front of my laptop. (Work wifi + NO laptop Bluetooth) means I'm on the warehouse floor and I want those messages getting to me via phone/smartwatch, so I want Tasker re-enabling the notification of those apps. Home wifi near means disabling of those notifications since now work is somebody else's problem! :p

I have a Samsung Note 9, running Android 10, One UI 2.1, unrooted. Setting the wifi near and Bluetooth near is easy enough, but no matter which settings I look into I can't find the specific one I'm looking for App Settings, General Settings, Notifications...

Am I missing something , do I need to look into creating a custom variable, something else?

Thanks

Z

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones