• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Toggles in the notification bar?

I came from a Sprint Epic(Galaxy S), and now have the LTE Galaxy Nexus. I miss the wifi/bluetooth/GPS/airplane toggles in the slide down notification bar on the Epic. Is there anything like that for the Galaxy Nexus?

Thanks

There is an app in the market that does what you need. Its called MoreQuicklyPanel. Bad name aside its a pretty nice little app and you do not need root for it to work according to the dev. It even has multiple choice colors for the toggles. Its $1.28 but looks well worth it.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mabware.android.MoreQuicklyPanel

Upvote 0
There is an app in the market that does what you need. Its called MoreQuicklyPanel. Bad name aside its a pretty nice little app and you do not need root for it to work according to the dev. It even has multiple choice colors for the toggles. Its $1.28 but looks well worth it.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mabware.android.MoreQuicklyPanel

That's exactly what I was looking for. It's worth the $1.28. Hopefully the developer will add a 4g toggle. The GPS toggle works, but only brings up the GPS configuration page, where you can then turn it off/on. Perhaps ICS doesn't let third party apps directly toggle the GPS... otherwise some app could turn it on without your knowing.

Upvote 0
power control plus allows you to do this

29nz2g0.png

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
power control plus allows you to do this

29nz2g0.png
Same questions as others but for Power Control Plus: What happens to the toggles when you get notifications? Does it remain at the top or get pushed down? TIA!

MoreQuicklyPanel: I believe you can set a certain interval for it to check to see if the toggles are at top (not sure how much this effects battery life)

Widgetsoid: From comments above, it looks like every time you receive a notification, it'll push the toggles back to the top.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to flash a .zip to add this to the stock 4.0.2 ROM and not flash an entire ROM or not yet?

EDIT: I downloaded MoreQuicklyPanel but the virtual hiding of the icon is annoying because everything is moved over one icon space.

Curious about this...has anyone created a flashable zip for this yet? Widgetsoid is starting to annoy me...basically cant use the notification bar if installing or downloading anything.

Is there perhaps a way to pull it out of one of the roms that have it and get it integrated that way somehow?

Upvote 0
Curious about this...has anyone created a flashable zip for this yet? Widgetsoid is starting to annoy me...basically cant use the notification bar if installing or downloading anything.

Is there perhaps a way to pull it out of one of the roms that have it and get it integrated that way somehow?

I've been waiting for a stable version of CM9. I'm just going to use that entire ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones